|Contra Costa Transfer Station|
The Contra Costa Transfer and Recovery Station is located at 951 Waterbird Way, Martinez, CA 94553. Hours are 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily except for the holidays above. Call (925) 313-8900.
From Benicia: Take Interstate 680 South over Benicia Bridge. Take Marina Vista exit. Go right on frontage road to Waterbird Way.
From Walnut Creek: Take Interstate 680 North. Take Marina Vista exit. Go right on frontage road to Waterbird Way.
From Antioch: Take Highway 4 West, then Interstate 680 North. Take Marina Vista exit. Turn right onto frontage road to Waterbird Way.
Self-haulers delivering materials to the Contra Costa Transfer Station may pay by cash, Mastercard, VISA and business checks. Cash deposit may be required. Businesses may apply for an account. Please, NO personal checks. None will be accepted.
Tours of the Transfer and Recovery Station are available with informative talks on waste disposal as well as recycling. To inquire send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (925) 685-4711. To make a tour request, please fill out our online request form.
Making Disposal & Recycling Easy for Self-Haulers
The Contra Costa Transfer Station serves residential, industrial and commercial customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. Equipped to offer a range of services, the Transfer Station is the region's one-stop solution for waste disposal and recycling.
The Contra Costa Transfer Station is open daily to the Bay Area public throughout the year except for Easter, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
The Transfer Station is conveniently located at 951 Waterbird Way in Martinez off the Marina Vista exit on Interstate 680, just south of the Martinez-Benicia Bridge.
Please cover all loads with a tarp. Loads without a tarp will be charged an extra fee.
What Is Accepted
The Transfer Station will accept for disposal and recycling any of the following:
- Cardboard and paper
- Carpet padding
- Construction and demoliton debris
- Electronic waste (television sets, computer monitors, computers, printers, DVD players, VCRs, stereo systems, cell phones)
- Ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- General residential, commercial and industrial refuse
- Large appliances including freezers, refrigerators, air conditioners, washers, dryers, water heaters and stoves.
- Mattresses and furniture
- Propane tanks with valves removed
- Yard waste and wood
What Is Not Accepted
The following items are NOT accepted for disposal:
- Fluorescent bulbs and compact fluorescent bulbs
- Hazardous waste (oil, paints, solvents, pesticides, batteries, mercury thermometers, etc.)
- Highly flammable materials
- Medical waste (blood, tissues)
- Sharps (needles, lancets, syringes)
- Liquid and infectious waste
- Special waste (sludges, industrial waste and contaminated soil)*
- Designated waste*
- Concrete larger than 24 inches*
- Creosote-treated wood (railroad ties, telephone poles, pressure treated wood)*
Please dispose of hazardous waste safely and legally.
*May be accepted for direct disposal at Keller Canyon Landfill upon review and approval. Call (925) 458-9800 for more information.